Skating in the Fog


Friday, March 15th (San Diego)
Mission Beach in San Diego
     I am slow and awkward at this but I do it anyway. I rent skates and roll along the Mission Beach boardwalk. I am not good at stopping (story of my life): little children and dogs skedaddle out my path. They are wise. The fog has a hangover that won’t lift off the beach. I am determined to press my face into the clean air. My mind is still muddled with work although it is now spring break. It will take some days before it burns off. Most of the past week was not good news so I make a decision to run along the beach after my skate. I need the run. I am recovering from a reinjured calf strain and make it 15 minutes along the water’s edge before I walk back. If I run, will the clouds dissipate? It is late in the evening and I pack to rendezvous with my family in Vegas: the van, the kids and the mountain bikes. I have been away at a conference for six days and have missed them. Boot camp #2 officially begins tomorrow. 
By Mom.

1 comment:

  1. We're glad to hear from and hope you leg is better!
    Looks like a nice ride you had there too!Mom & Dad!

    ReplyDelete