Riding the Rim


Saturday, March 22nd
The two youngest swim in the pool until checkout time. The two oldest and their dad pack up. I, again, am the designated lifeguard. I take the responsibility seriously and find a lounge chair right next to the pool.  It is a shame to leave this heat wave but it is time to drive to Page. I do nothing in the car but watch the landscape. The oldest is driving and finding it quite a privilege. He narrates the trip for me. We arrive in Page just before dusk and jump on the mountain bikes for a quick ride on The Rim Trail. Rim definition: The upper or outer edge of an object. We are on top of a mesa and riding the edge. This ride is a bust as I am a chicken, I am cold and the sun is down. The temperature is only 40 degrees. This is no heat wave. I spend the evening doing strategic research on Antelope Canyon. Wikipedia defines it as the most photographed and most visited canyon in the American Southwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment