Forced into supervision duty


Friday, March 21st
Supervision duty--some has to do it
This is our last full day here before we head north. I am forced to sit in a lounge chair and supervise the two youngest swimming in the pool. At home supervision requires a yellow vest and umbrella. Sometimes a recess snack. Here I have different supervision accoutrements: suntan lotion, a book, a tankini uniform and an iced refreshment. The afternoon we take the two youngest to the lake at the state park to build sand castles. I will have to supervise again. I will do my duty. Some jobs are simply harder than others. No job is too complex for me. I know I have the right work ethic for this. The two oldest stay back at the hotel; they have “homework” (French, Chemistry, Macbeth and more). In the evening we head back to the desert park. This time the three boys will go mountain biking. I opt for an easy run while the youngest plays on a nearby playground. The oldest and my husband inform me that yesterday’s ride was just a warm-up before we get to Moab. Whose holiday is this, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment