A Day Off


Tuesday, March 19th
Meandering slow enough to smell the flowers
I wake way too early again. No sleep for me. Nothing I can do about it. I do a little work and then I head to the pool. I am melting and must slide into the pool every 15 minutes. Someone needs to suffer. I will do it on behalf of the family. The two youngest join me and the magic of water, sun and a kickboard keeps them entertained for several hours. The older ones hide in the shade with their books and their iPhones.
My calf is rebelling from yesterday’s hike through the canyon. I have stretched the calf too much. It hurts to walk up stairs. We take the squad to the desert park again. I meander slow with the youngest and my husband. The others ride on a new set of trails. I am jealous. I take the day off. It may be the end of boot camp for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment